The first thing that pops into my mind when I heard Dubai is probably Deserts and scorching sun. I’ve also heard so much about Dubai’s fa...

Touchdown Dubai

10:29:00 PM Angel Salumbides 1 Comments

The first thing that pops into my mind when I heard Dubai is probably Deserts and scorching sun. I’ve also heard so much about Dubai’s famous building and architecture especially Burj Khalifa (World’s Tallest Skyscraper) and Burj Al Arab(The only 7 star hotel in the World), spicy foods and of course the BIG RED season called “SALE”. When the plane lands, I am full of excitement and thinking about how will I survive and live here. I was so surprised about the Dubai airport cab; it was not ordinary t’was luxury car, WOW! JUST WOW! Transferring here and having a life in Middle East is probably sort of differing the way I live in the Philippines. I live at Quezon for 16 years and transferred/live at Manila for almost 7 years. Anyway, moving on. I’ll give you some observations I have:


        1.   Friday here is like weekends in my country, because Friday is free day and Sunday’s are like                    Mondays. Kinda’ diverse right? Not just that, some of the countrymen here is walking with                    their bare foot considering that the weather and humidity here is so insane, (38 degrees is a                  normal weather here). I am thinking how they can do that, plus they don’t really use Umbrella              like Filipinos’ does.
        2.    They call Filipinos' Kabayan.
        3.    They usually call a guest/customer here as “My friend”.
                e.g. “My friend, what’s your order?”.
        4.    Kalas means “End of Conversation”.
        5.    Habibti is for Female as Habibi is for Male.
        6.    When having a food delivery, you don’t really need to indicate your name, they just ask you what                building and floor number you are residing.
        7.    Cab flat down rate is just 5 dirhams but the minimum fare is 12 dhs(so you need to pay 12dhs        even though your bill is lower than 12).
        8.    Nol card is being used at Metro (Train) Station and Bus.
        9.    Biryani and Shawarma is the main food here at Dubai.
        10.  Most of the Cab drivers know how to speak Tagalog and even some can sing a Filipino love song    and Bumtarat tarat.

So, I’ll just pause my Dubai blog for now. Hope each one of you enjoyed reading my experience and observations here. Have a great day Reader. :)

PS: I’ve been to different places at Asia (Hong Kong, Macau, China, and Singapore) since I was a little but I can consider that my best flight is with United Arab Emirates so far. Now I know why they are considered to be on the Top Ten Airlines in the World. See the details below.








Dress - Jukaykayatbp
Pants - Thesweetcloth
Bag - Nine West
Bracelet - Pandora

White Shoes - Stradivarius


Photograph by: Arianne Cruz & Kim Ballesteros
PP: Angel Salumbides

XO,  
A 

1 comment:

  1. I love your look. The long shirt and distressed jeans look edgy :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete